How To Write an Attention Pulling Job Application Letter That Will Get Employers to Call You for Interviews

You have to be able to write the kind of letter that will grab the attention of the company you are targeting and not the dull, unconvincing application
letter that most job seekers write.
I call this type of letter the Job Application Sales Letter because in it you are selling your abilities to them and trying to convince them to hire you.
Here’s a sample that you can follow; Change the content to suit your own conditions. If you are good enough you can even make some slight changes to this one. The purpose is let you know that writing an application or cover letter shouldn’t be the same dull type used years. Your application letter should be an excellent attempt to tell the employer why you should be hired.
Remember you don’t need to apply for jobs only when you see vacancies in newspapers. If you have read The Ten Steps to Landing a Good Job you will understand how to apply for jobs in organizations where you want to work even if they are not currently hiring.
The sample application/cover letter below is for a job seeker who wishes to get a job but doesn’t have much experience. It gives an idea of how to approach the problem of lack experience. In the letter you also explain why you are applying to be given the job without seeing any vacancy advertisement by the organization.
Chief Dan Longman
Managing Director
Vanguard Newspapers Ltd
Independence Layout
Enugu
Enugu State
20 Festival Crescent
Ajangbadi Estate
Ikoyi
Lagos State
23rd April, 2011
Sir,
SPECIAL PROPOSAL/APPLICATION
I am Chris Okon, a 24 year old graduate of Political Science of University of Ibadan.
I humbly write to seek for the opportunity to work in your establishment as a political analyst/deputy political editor.
Prior to writing this letter, I saw no vacancy advertisement by your company anywhere but I am seeking for this job in your firm because I have always
followed its progress and would love nothing more than to test my vast abilities and creativity as a political analyst in your firm.
As a political scientist the vision of Vanguard Newspapers Ltd align with my beliefs. I know I can thrive in your firm and attain the greatest heights of
creativity and productivity working for you.
Do I qualify to work for you?
In answering this question I will state Sir, that as a young graduate I haven’t had a spectacular working experience. However, my natural ability in analyzing political trends stands me in good stead.
As you may see from my CV, I have been very active throughout my undergraduate days in learning the important aspects of my field.
My experiences for the job include;
- One year tenure in the University of Ibadan Student Union Government as the Secretary General
- Over three years of active political unionism
- Chapter President of the League of Lagos State Students Activists (LESSSA) which I co-formed (This actually taught me a lot about the intricacies of forming and running a virile grassroot political organization)
- Two years as youth political writer with several published articles (attached with this application)
Moreover, I count my love and enthusiasm for this position as a strong point in my quest to succeed in your organization.
If granted the opportunity, I will work to meet and surpass the firm’s goals and aspirations.
My Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of relevant official qualifications and other materials to show my experience are attached with this letter.
I eagerly await your favourable response.
Yours Truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment